Zephyr of words!

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up..Thats the problem i am trying to solve..

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Undeciphered!

Friday, December 05, 2008

Happiness is contagious…and so is sadness…I am not the only weird one!

Often times I feel that my emotions, my state of happiness or sadness have been greatly influenced by the people who are around me. I can purge with happiness just at the sight of my friends beaming with happiness and at the same time, I can plunge into depression when there is a sad soul around me. Numerous times, I have tried, but failed to delineate my emotions from that of others. The very thought that I cannot control my emotions, myself has left me frustrated. I have often wondered if it was just me? Or is it the way things are? When I tried to look for examples or rather excuses for my behaviour, I couldn’t find any. I felt people with the exception of me were happy for themselves and not for others. Of course it is not an all or none situation when I say that people are not happy for others, its just that they are not influenced by others happiness or sadness. At this stage, I was contemplating if this was of some kind of a syndrome. I had learnt to live with it and still trying to live without it, until today, when I happened to see this article

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-happy5-2008dec05,0,5449915.story

The article talks about the research that was done by the scientists at Harvard and UCSD, in which they state that

Knowing someone who is happy makes you 15.3% more likely to be happy yourself. A happy friend of a friend increases your odds of happiness by 9.8%, and even your neighbor's sister's friend can give you a 5.6% boost

and..

"Your emotional state depends not just on actions and choices that you make, but also on actions and choices of other people, many of which you don't even know

I guess, it wouldn’t be funny to call this “Globalisation of Emotions”, when the world is actually geared up for globalisation. Well, for one thing this article read my mind…but for another thing, I wouldn’t try changing it, for that I know now that it isnt going to change,..no matter how hard I tried!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home